Tuesday, August 9, 2011

roasted potatoes and wilted kale with spicy tahini dressing

 

This is straight up amazing. Its actually my favorite dish probably ever! A friend emailed me a recipe that I altered here because she knew I love kale (really was making fun of me for getting excited about the 'sale on kale' at whole foods, but hey it worked out for me :) anyway, make this and you wont be disappointed.

Roasted Potatoes and Wilted Kale
1 pound sweet potatoes
1 pound regular potatoes
1/3 cup olive oil
4-8 cloves peeled garlic (depending on how much you like garlic!! it gets roasted so its not that intense)
3/4 pound (1-2 bunches) chopped kale with the ribs removed
1/2 tsp of each salt, peper, garlic and onion powder, or to taste

Creamy/Spicy Tahini Dressing
1/4 cup well stirred tahini
4 tbs water
3 tbs lemon juice
1 garlic clove
1-3 tbs siracha (basically to taste depending on how spicy you want it dressing should be pink though)

Instructions:
-preheat oven to 400
-cut and peel the potatoes into 1/2 to 1 inch cubes
-toss with oil, whole garlic cloves, the salt/pepper and garlic/onion powder
- spread evenly on baking sheet (sheet should be covered in tin foil) and roast for 30 mins stirring every 10 mins
-meanwhile, toss the shredded kale in a (tiny) bit of oil (optional...I use m spritzer) and sprinkle with more garlic powder (note: this is NOT garlic salt)
-add the kale for the last 5 mins of cooking, just enough time to wilt it
-to make the tahini sauce:
          -in a food processor, puree tahini, lemon juice, water, garlic, and siracha
          -if to thick add more water
-after kale is wilted remove from oven, stir potatoes, garlic and kale together and drizzle with tahini and enjoy!

4 comments:

practiCal fMRI said...

Another excellent Thanksgiving/Christmas dish? It does look super yum, even if you have to pay full price for the kale!

Liz said...

you've had this spaz! and loved it! I should upload the pic we took (but I just got this one online because Im lazy)...ours had wine in it so waaay better!! :)

practiCal fMRI said...

I think I have that pic. I'll send it to you if you don't have it. Yeah, that was damn good fud!!!!

practiCal fMRI said...

It works for spinach instead of kale, too!!!